From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Bill Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 8:22 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: z/OSMF

Gradual fade? Mainframes process more transactions now that at any point in
history. And will process more 10 years from now than today.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 8:53 AM, Pommier, Rex <rpomm...@sfgmembers.com>
wrote:

Unfortunately that (pricing) train left the station a long time ago.  For
whatever reason IBM chose to keep the mainframe a niche product with fantastic
I/O capabilities but a high price tag, thus ensuring its gradual fade.

Rex