From: Sebastian Welton <sebast...@welton.de>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2023 4:40 AM
Subject: Re: Is there a USS-file compatible equivalent to the SUPERC OVSUM
compare yet?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:39:26 +0000, Collinson, Shannon
<shannon.collin...@truist.com> wrote:

>I think there was a USS tools&toys thing (fscp?) that'd compare the contents
>of two filesystems that I used to run when converting those from HFS to ZFS
>years ago, but the tools&toys page is gone now so I can't grab that to check.
>Pretty sure it wouldn't work for what I want to do anyhow, which is to compare
>the files/directories/etc in two paths that could be in different locations in
>their filesystems.  Is there something else that says "this guy's missing,
>this one's new, the attributes (or better yet contents) of these are
>different" for USS?  I cobbled together this from something a coworker had
>that compared just directories-and made it compare the listings of those
>directories-but the output's a little ugly.  Do you have or know of anything
>better?

The Tools and Toys, including fscp can now be found here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/IBM/IBM-Z-zOS/tree/main/zOS-Tools-and-Toys__;!!JT0xjr86ZxPthq8!sqShzbsvuJ8-Pz9Fd-LMCRPt8P-TUigcQNpx03GK4X6qfKSsZ9B29K4Qu50WguK9n-phj6Mt_4DkPB3dmh3b8PdQnx5mZQ$

There is also grep:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=descriptions-grep-search-file-specified-pattern__;!!JT0xjr86ZxPthq8!sqShzbsvuJ8-Pz9Fd-LMCRPt8P-TUigcQNpx03GK4X6qfKSsZ9B29K4Qu50WguK9n-phj6Mt_4DkPB3dmh3b8Pd3nyP83g$

With a good write up here by Lionel Dyck:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://community.ibm.com/community/user/ibmz-and-linuxone/blogs/lionel-dyck2/2021/07/24/using-grep-with-zos-data-sets__;!!JT0xjr86ZxPthq8!sqShzbsvuJ8-Pz9Fd-LMCRPt8P-TUigcQNpx03GK4X6qfKSsZ9B29K4Qu50WguK9n-phj6Mt_4DkPB3dmh3b8PdR_V9hzw$

Sebastian.

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please