Dear all,

I have a question about CPU usage on z/OS that I hope you can help me with.

Many years ago, we increased the CPU of a mainframe from one to four, but the
batch jobs at night became slower. The explanation at that time was that a
batch job could only use one CPU, and the single CPU performance decreased
because of the increase to four CPUs. I accepted that explanation at that time.

Now, twenty years later, is z/OS still the same that an address space like
IXGLOGR can only use one CPU at most?

Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jason Cai