If there is no explicit LE option to override the standard subpools (which are 1 and 2, AFAIK), then I would try to use the LE option which allows to have an alternate heap handler and use a modified version of the standard LE handler. I don't recall the names of the runtime options, but I used them in the past to have LE heap checks enables; that's an alternate LE heap handler which writes messages about allocated and not freed storage areas ... I used that when looking
for memory leaks with certain C++ applications.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I can search my archives and maybe find the names of these options and some sort of presentation (IBM's or my own) on the topic.

But: that's only for heap storage, not for stack. Why do you want to have the STACK allocated in another subpool? Normally stack allocation is not a problem; heap is where the problems are.

Look here: http://bernd-oppolzer.de/stackheap.pdf

HTH, kind regards

Bernd