I can verify that CA would adjust the userid if the resulting userid was 'inappropriate'. One of my coworkers was such a case. Unfortunately, its been too long ago and I can't remember the specifics. When CA bought our company and told us the new rules, one guy just busted out laughing and it took us a minute to figure it out.

Mine was THITO01 and from that point on, everyone just called me Thito. (Tee-tow)

Tony Thigpen