From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Steve Estle
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2023 4:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Preferred FTP Client for Windows

Hello All,

I work in a secure government environment and moving files up and down from the
mainframe (especially traditional ZOS datasets) is a 'xxxx' pita with Winscp
and everything I read (including IBMMAIN archives) is that tool is just plain
dumb when it comes to datasets with standard ZOS HLQ's.  I'm trying to do a
non-scientific poll - what is the preferred FTP client to run on Windows
platform out there everyone is using that you are happy with and can easily
navigate to either traditional ZOS HLQ dataset or Unix System Services files.
Of course freeware is preferred if user friendly.

I know there is Filezilla but not sure it is much better than Winscp?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and input.

Steve Estle
steven.es...@peraton.com