From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
John S. Giltner, Jr.
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2023 9:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Preferred FTP Client for Windows

Co:Z SFTP only talks SSH/SFTP.  It sits "on top" of IBM's ported OpenSSH.  So
you need IBM's OpenSSH installed.

To get/put z/OS files you do need to use some special command such as to put  a
text file with LRECL=80 and fixed block  to z/OS

ls /+mode=text,lrecl=80,recmf=fb,blksize=0,space=trk.1.1
put //!ZOS.FILE.NAME

To get a z/OS file that is text:

ls /+mode=text
get //ZOS.FILE.NAME

To do binary it would be ls /+mode=binary.

For OMVS files the get/put are just like any other *nix host.  If the files are
in EBCDIC you need the ls /+mode=text.  If they are binary or in ASCII you use
/+mode=binary/

Co:Z does have a config file where you can set defaults for mode, lrecl,
blksize and everything else so you don't have to specify the parameters every
time if you know what you going to be using most of the time.

You can also use Co:Z as a client on z/OS to send/get files from other SFTP
servers.