Please paste the messages you get.
You can configure an ATTLS  trace    I tend to use TRACE(2)
This can be configured in TTLSGroupAction TTLSEnvironmentAction and
TTLSConnectionAction

If syslogd is not running I get messages on the system log
EZD1286I TTLS Error GRPID: 00000007 ENVID: 00000002 CONNID: 00000036
START1 RULE: CSSMTPRule  RC:  417 Initial Handshake 0000000000000000
0000005011421D10 0000000000000000

If syslogd is running I get messages in ( for me) /var/log

My (badly configured ) syslog puts messages in
TCPIPinfo.2023.07.29
TCPIPerr.2023.07.29
TCPIPdebug.2023.07.29
TCPIP.2023.07.29