On 7/31/23 9:54 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
A benefit of xterm on MVS (any system, in fact) is the ability to launch a child job with the same environment tediously built by the parent.

I wouldn't think that would be limited to XTerm nor MVS.

My understanding is that once the current / active / running environment is configured, then anything started therefrom should inherit said environment.

Sort of like a tree wherein anything after the current point inherits the current point's configuration. Going backwards to the thing that started the current environment may very well yield a different configuration.

I don't see how this is limited to XTerm nor MVS. I'd expect this to apply to many things.

--
Grant. . . .