I really liked the converged (122 key) keyboard with a cursor diamond. Does
anybody make one with an extra key for [ and ]?

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Bob
Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 7, 2023 3:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Keyboards [WAS: z/OSMF]

I'm with you on that; I no longer lust after the 12-over/12-under function-key
layout.  (The rest of the board looks like what I'm used to now anyway.)  When
I talk about the advantages of the 3270 keyboard, I'm really talking about the
tactile feedback, by which my fingers instantly knew when I hadn't finished the
stroke, and went back by themselves without my conscious thought to do it again
and right this time.  The layout I don't care about as much.

(And anyway I've converted to the Dvorak layout.  Who looks at keycaps these
days?  We don' need no steenking keycaps!)

---

/* Q: Isaac Asimov said he resented people rating NIGHTFALL as his best work
because he did it so young. Does it bother you that so many of us view ENDER'S
GAME as yours?
Orson Scott Card: Not at all. I hope someday every family in America is riven
with conflict over which of my books is best. */