I noticed this in the z/OS 3.1 announcement:

<quote>
ISPF PDSE V2 member generations

ISPF support for PDSE V2 member generations are enhanced to allow the
specification of generation numbers in the Edit and View panels and on the Edit
and Browse primary commands BROWSE, EDIT, and VIEW. Additionally, a generation
list can be viewed for members with generations, allowing the use of line
commands to access commonly-used functions for desired generations. Select ISPF
services are also enhanced with additional member generations information.
</quote>

"We've been waiting for this for hundreds of years."

--
Tom Marchant