Everything works, including formulas.
And it came with a great manual.
As well as for preparing documents generally,
I used Word 1.1a for automatically preparing indexes for books.
Trying to convert to Word 6 was a disaster; for example,
changing from footnotes to end notes lost the entire document.
There were minor problems also with Word 6, such as different
meanings of keystrokes for the extra characters using the ALT key.

On 2023-08-20 04:03, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:
W dniu 15.08.2023 o 17:47, Steve Beaver pisze:
One thing that absolutely scares the hell out of me is converting Office
2010

To any  of the new Office Products,

  Has anyone converted?  What Problems did you have?

(yes, it is off-topic, but I couldn't resist)

Yes, I did.
Conversion from 2010 to any newer version was not a pain.
But NOTE: the more advanced features you use the more pain because of incompatibilities, dropped suport, etc.
The most painful migrations I remember:
1. Word 2.0 to 6.0
2. Word 2000 to XP
3. Word XP to 2003
4. Word 2003 or older to 2007

Ad 1.  A lot of incompatibilities, especially related to PL version. Polish letters (ąćęłńóśćżź) converted to "US-eng" codetable equivalents. 2. Dropped support for diagrams creator. I had to recreate it from scratch.
3. New errors which resulted abends during typo-check.
4. Completely changed user interface with almost no new features. Very same functions need to searched.

Other "features":
suddenly dropped support for Word 2.0 files. You even cannot open it!
suddenly dropped support for RTF files.
suddenly dropped/changed plugins like Equation Editors, etc.
changed functions like indexing, styles, contents, etc. etc.
suddenly dropped/revolutionized pictures embedded (not bitmaps, just drawings like squares, circles, arrows, etc. )

This is only part of "advantages" mostly related to Word.

Hints:
1. Don't try to use advanced features if you really can avoid it.
2. Open all your documents and all the features like drawings or embedded objects. 3. If you can simply keep your old version! Yes, you can still have your ancient version of Office on you PC. Just use VirtualBox or other hypervisor and keep one or few virtual machines. Check your license terms, but if you had older version then usually you did not lost the license.