One of the ways we test our Syzygy automation products is to simply type the
message on the console as if it was a regular command or the entire message we
want to test (we also have a process to do this internally from our product,
but I'm assuming that the OP isn't a customer so doesn't have it) .  Anyway,
this does generate a IEE305I message saying that the command ("whatever you
typed") is invalid, but our automation products pick it up and acts on it
anyway.  Of course, there is a parm to turn this feature off, but as of yet, no
one has asked us what that parm is. :)

Brian