From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Clem Clarke
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 9:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Converting Assembler TPUTS to ISPF

Good one Kirk!  Yes LOL!

I will leave ncurses alone!  I spent months trying to get it to work on the C
version.  I had it working in Windows then recompiled it for Linux, and it
wouldn't work.  It couldn't find the terminal type.  I said some rude words,
and finally wrote some code to convert the excellent Borland C CONIO routines
to use the ANSI escape sequences.  So now it works on Linux and Windows using
pretty much the same code.  It allows the use of Borland's simple GOTOXY,
GetCusor and color routines.

I wonder if these routines would work on Z/OS?  Either TSO or the Unix terminal?

That would be fantastic.  It would save programmers SO much time.

I'll post my code for the ANSI codes in a few days, and perhaps someone could
try it?

Many thanks,

Clem