100% agree with Kirk. IntelliJ IDEA is head and shoulders the best Java IDE.
I’ve mostly been coding in Java for the last few years and use the Ultimate
edition which is quite expensive but worth every penny. We also use the
Jetbrains CLion IDE for C/C++ and Python. I’ve recently been playing with VS
Code for doing some Python presentations and it’s an excellent editor.