Yes, it is knowledge in *current* documentation.
TS1170 is *very fresh* topic. Almost no IBM source mention it.
Even official PDF leaflet links to details on a page which not yet exists.
However I'm pretty sure the TS1170 will be supported by VTS.

BTW: few years ago Fujifilm and IBM informed they achieved 580 TB per cart density.
It doesn't mean product or cart, it means just areal density.
Now we have "only" 50TB.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland