From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Bob
Bridges
Sent: Saturday, September 2, 2023 8:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: With regrets, after many years I will no longer be following
IBM-MAIN

I recently stopped posting on a forum (not this one), and I can tell you why
~I~ didn't make an announcement about it:

The first is kind of like yours, Brian:  I haven't yet been able to find any
way of saying "I don't like the conversation here any more" without it
sounding, in my ears at least, like "well, if he's going to be that way I'll
just take my ball and go home.  Then you'll all be sorry!"

The second is that sometimes I try to quit and can't resist coming back.
There's something so anticlimactic about taking my ball and going home, only to
start surreptitiously posting again later, hoping no one will notice that I
couldn't stick to my threat :).

---

/* Thirty years ago, opposing the then-equivalent of today's motor voting
bill...I was angrily accosted by a public figure who demanded to know just who
I thought should not vote. My answer, the 30 percent of Americans who have
never heard of the United Nations.  -William F Buckley, 1999 */