On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 19:03:53 -0700, Tom Brennan wrote:

>Oops... Yes!  I was thinking ENTER/EXIT.  My own macro set uses #ENTER
>and #EXIT.  I put the pound sign on everything so there's no confusion
>with real instructions or IBM macros (well, at least I hope!)

At that, I'll switch to the Dark Side for a while.  If IBM's macros were good
enough programmers wouldn't be tempted to devise alternatives.

I've worked for a couple projects that did so.  One enhancement was to
extend the RSA so R13 could be used as a base for working storage,
a practice that others have harshly criticized as dangerous.  Another
was to preserve the CC through exit, which I disliked (didn't work on 370
because it used IPM, SPM.)

--
gil