From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Skip Robinson
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Renaming an LPAR dynamically

I've poked around and not found a concise explanation. We have an LPAR whose
name needs to change. Everything else in the IODF is fine, just a name problem.
Current hardware and software.
I changed the name in HCD. When I tried to ACTIVATE the new IODF, it choked on
the name mismatch. I gather that I can first rename to '*', then rename for
real in two successive IODFs. If I do that, do I preserve all original chpid
and device connections? I don't want to start over from scratch when only the
name is wrong.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson