EXPN? Please show the JCL expansion message.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Shaffer, Terri <0000017d5f778222-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2023 8:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: System Symbolic and SET JCL

So I am trying to move one of my WAS subsystems from 1 lpar to another.  We had
setup a WASID (sysname(4:1) variable for the system name (Ie, ACWA/8 etc).

This then gets resolved in setting up the root PATH= variable, so what I would
like to do is the following:

//BBO9ACR  PROC ENV=W90CELL.W9NODE8.W9AGNT8
// SET WASID = &ENV(15:1)                       Add something like this??????
But this doesn’t work...
// SET ROOT='/wasv90config/w90cell/w9node'
// SET FOUT='properties/service/logs/applyPTF.out'
// SET FOUT2='properties/service/logs/parmsRec.out'
// SET WSDIR='AppServer'
//*************************************************************
//* Test that OMVS can successfully launch a shell and return *
//*************************************************************
//TOMVS   EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,REGION=0M,
// PARM='SH exit 13'
//STDERR   DD PATH='&ROOT.&WASID./&ENV..HOME/&FOUT.',
// PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OAPPEND),PATHMODE=(SIRWXU,SIRWXG)
//STDOUT   DD PATH='&ROOT.&WASID./&ENV..HOME/&FOUT.',
// PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OAPPEND),PATHMODE=(SIRWXU,SIRWXG)

This way I could still pull the 8 in this case and the region would start
correctly on ACWA

Any ideas how I could handle this?

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support:
ACIWorldwide – Telecommuter
H(412-766-2697) C(412-519-2592)
terri.shaf...@aciworldwide.com
 [https://go.aciworldwide.com/rs/030-ROK-804/images/aci-footer.jpg]
<http://www.aciworldwide.com/>
This email message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or
non-public information. The information is intended solely for the designated
recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
email, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any review,
dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by unintended recipients
is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author
personally.