Hi all

The following is our definition of MSGFLD00:

REGULAR MSGTHRESH=150, JOBTHRESH=50, INTVLTIME=1
REGULAR SYSIMTIME=2, JOBIMTIME=2
DEFAULT LOG, AUTO, NODISPLAY, NOCMD
DEFAULTCMD '&,CANCEL & -- CANCELLED BY MESSAGE FLOOD AUTOMATION'
JOB XCFAS DISPLAY
JOB SA390 DISPLAY
ACTION MSGTHRESH=50, JOBTHRESH=20, INTVLTIME=1
ACTION SYSIMTIME=2, JOBIMTIME=2
DEFAULT LOG, NOAUTO, NODISPLAY, NOCMD, NORETAIN
DEFAULTCMD '&,CANCEL & -- CANCELLED BY MESSAGE FLOOD AUTOMATION'
JOB XCFAS DISPLAY
JOB SA390 DISPLAY
SPECIFIC MSGTHRESH=50, INTVLTIME=1
SPECIFIC SYSIMTIME=2
SPECIFIC MSGIMTIME=2
SPECIFIC MSGLIMIT=20
DEFAULT LOG, NOAUTO, NODISPLAY, NORETAIN
MSG IOS001E
MSG IOS003A
MSG IOS050I
MSG IOS051I
MSG DFHDU0201

After reading the IBM manual, we learned that there are three modes for
MSGFLDXX:

1. Normal Mode
2. Intensive Mode
3. Act Upon Mode

A. To Intensive Mode:

If the number of messages counted is greater than or equal to MSGTHRESH and the
time to count is less than INTV, then go to intensive mode.

Intensive Mode - extra processing

B. To Act Upon Mode:

If there are JOBTHRESH/MSGLIMIT number of messages within INTVLTIME for any
address space, then that address space or message is subject to the specified
action (act upon mode).

C. End Act Upon Mode:

At the end of each MSGTHRES, if the time since the last message is greater than
JOBIMTIME or MSGIMTIME, then end the act upon mode.

D. End Intensive Mode:

At the end of each MSGTHRESH, if the time since the last message is greater
than SYSIMTIME, then end the intensive mode.

We wants to stay in the act upon mode for 1 minute without ending the act upon
mode for specific messages. They made the following modification to their
MSGFLDxx:

from
SPECIFIC MSGTHRESH=50, INTVLTIME=1
SPECIFIC SYSIMTIME=2
SPECIFIC MSGIMTIME=2
SPECIFIC MSGLIMIT=20

SPECIFIC MSGTHRESH=50, INTVLTIME=1
SPECIFIC SYSIMTIME=60
SPECIFIC MSGIMTIME=60
SPECIFIC MSGLIMIT=20

We performed testing for a special message, and throughout the testing process,
this message consistently had 60 messages per second.

After transitioning to the intensive mode and then to the act upon mode,we
noticed that it returned to the normal mode after a few seconds, but
immediately entered the intensive mode and act upon mode again. They couldn't
maintain the act upon mode for a full minute.

Please let us know if this behavior is normal, and if there is any way to keep
the act upon mode unchanged for 1 minute.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Jason Cai