Paul Gilmartin wrote
>It appears to be the OP's intent to make changes; submit a job,
>and exit the edit session without saving those changes.  Apparently
>he considers this normal operation, and prefers a zero return code.
>
>Does your suggestion leave the file unchanged, end the edit session
>with RC=0, and not leave the user in a terminal edit session?
>
>(When I wish to be reminded not to save changes, I use View
>rather than Edit.  But I don't put the SUBMIT and CANCEL in my
>macro because I want to inspect the job before SUBMITting.)

Your point is very well taken, however I did not provide the entire CLIST.
The EDIT is called repeatedly depening on the number of entries in a file.
The Macro sole purpose is to do exactly waht you described.
Ithe JOB being submitted is correct, there are only two statements being
changed to the Variable passed by the VGET command.
After I SUBMIT The JOB I DO NOt want to preserve the original JCL.

I Am fully aware of the File Tailoring facility, howver in this scenarion
i though this would be a more simpler design.

On Sat, 11 May 2013 17:09:19 -0400, Dave Salt wrote:

>The edit session ends with CANCEL, which means no changes were saved, which
>means ISPF sets the return code of the macro to 4. If you want to end with a
>different return code, you can hard code it like this:
>
>EXIT CODE(0)
>
>Or set it using this as an example:
>
>ISREDIT CHANGE 'XXXXXXX' '&V0' ALL
>SET &EXITCODE = &LASTCC
>do more stuff....
>EXIT CODE(&EXITCODE)

It appears to be the OP's intent to make changes; submit a job,
and exit the edit session without saving those changes.  Apparently
he considers this normal operation, and prefers a zero return code.

Does your suggestion leave the file unchanged, end the edit session
with RC=0, and not leave the user in a terminal edit session?

(When I wish to be reminded not to save changes, I use View
rather than Edit.  But I don't put the SUBMIT and CANCEL in my
macro because I want to inspect the job before SUBMITting.)

>> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 19:44:12 +0000
>> From: essteam
>> ISREDIT CHANGE 'XXXXXXX' '&V0' ALL
>> ISREDIT SUB