Thanks

That was very helpful back to my first beef

The EVAL….. subcommands particular to Rexx clist are interspersed among those
IPCS subcommands done by hand

The reason I think I cannt get around verbx assembler exit is because I want to
create a structure to be used in the run chain command and I think that
necessitates the use of the BLSQS assembler macros