From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Steve Thompson <ste...@wkyr.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2023 10:15:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: SMF record for number of program executions?

EXTERNAL EMAIL

If you are willing to write an exit to get the info, you can get
it via a CSV exit (I forget its name, but ALL "LOAD"s go through
it). Understand, if you use that exit, it has to have a very
short code path, can't cause a wait of any kind, or you will
cause problems for all address spaces in that LPAR. The idea is
to capture the DSN & member and immediately write it to an SMF
buffer or similar so you can immediately return control.

But other than what others have said, there is no other way to
see all dynamically loaded subroutines or load-modules. You will
not capture static routines as the LNKEDT doesn't use that
interface.

I believe that IBM Products make use of that or another
undocumented path through VLF that is handling LLA and a bit of
caching of modules.

Regards,
Steve Thompson