All,

We are in the midst of rolling out pervasive encryption in our ZOS 2.5 customer
environment.  To get there of course we need to move to extended format
datasets (sequential, VSAM, etc) which we have minimal exposure / experience
with today (We have multiple  100K's of datasets in our catalogs across 4
LPAR's.  We also will be leveraging hardware compression (ZEDC) as we migrate
things as well towards path to pervasive encryption (PV) of course following
best practice to compress before encrypting.

Have reviewed redbooks on PV, extended format, and hardware compression
(experiences with hardware compression so far have been outstanding -
especially in our DFDSS backup processing).

What I'm looking for are any gotchas / lessons learned / real life experiences
in embarking on this mass migration from basic format datasets over to extended
compressed format DSN's and encryption that aren't documented in standard doc
or redbooks.  Or maybe you ran across or developed some tools to aid in such
large scale migrations?

If you have anything you'd like to share feel free to share it here or if
prefer to talk offline contact me  at sest...@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Steve Estle
sest...@gmail.com