This thread has got me thinking about services like IFTTT and Pushcut to handle
notifications etc from the HMC.

But then I guess none of you would be allowed to build anything around them.

Cheers, Martin

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Grant Taylor <0000023065957af1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 23:43
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: HMC hardware messages
On 11/28/23 2:46 PM, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:
> Of course ticket creation is another topic. But it cannot be simply
> automatic creation of ticket for every message, because many of them are
> just notification.
> Example: REIPL.

I don't know about ticketing systems, but with email, I create rules to
detect things that are known okay; REIPL, and mark the message as read.
That way it's there and I can got to the folder if I want to see it.
But it's not unread and vying for my attention.

Our old ticketing system had the ability to do similar.  There were
multiple macros set up to assign the ticket to me / my group, add
comments, and mark the ticket as resolved.

I'm still trying to figure out if our new ticketing system can do
anything like that.

Ideally don't send notifications that are largely noise.  If you can't
avoid that, automate resolving them.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die