I think this provides a cursory idea of the benefits & uses of quantum
computing.
https://www.techtarget.com/searchdatacenter/tip/Explore-future-potential-quantum-computing-uses

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 6:42 PM, Jousma, David
<000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

Bob,

It's pretty long haired geeky work going on there, and I think it's hard for
our older minds to wrap around it.  A year ago I was in POK for executive
briefing and they gave us a tour of the older quantum computer that they
actually let people see.  Pretty unimpressive as not much to look at, and the
one thing that stood out to me was that it's an entirely analog machine.  They
were correct that they have a front end processor that converts your "program"
to whatever it uses to load the quantum processor.

This is blowing the computing world apart, and why ibm is also developing
quantum safe crypto algorithms to keep things secure.

I watched that 60 minutes story too.  The clips that I assume were in POK were
not in front of the quantum we saw.

Dave Jousma

Vice President | Director, Technology Engineering

Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand Rapids, MI
49546

616.653.8429