On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 09:50:34 -0600, John Blythe Reid <johnblyther...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The client never got the RACROUTE macro to work. Instead they've opted to use
>the CICS command EXEC CICS QUERY SECURITY and that works ok. Does anyone think
>that the problem may be due to issuing a RACROUTE macro inside a CICS
>transaction ? However the same transaction does work on our LPAR but not on
>the client's.

EXEC CICS QUERY SECURITY is what you're _supposed_ to use, and the last time I
checked (many years ago) in most CICS configurations the user's ACEE is not in
a location where RACROUTE would find it. That means that a RACROUTE would use
the CICS region user ID, which is only one of the problems you need to deal
with in trying to use non-CICS functions inside a CICS transaction.

I have no idea what CICS configuration you're running, nor what your client is
running. And I have no idea how using the region's ACEE might return an RC=4.
Usually I would expect an unwanted RC=0 or RC=8.

Nor do I have any idea what changes might have occurred in CICS in those
intervening years.

--
Walt (former designer/developer on the RACF team at IBM)