Hi Tom,

I think Peter misinterpreted your question because you provided too much
information.

> Peter Relson wrote:
> I'm now thinking you just meant that you were surprised that the recovery
> routine did not complete successfully.

I think you are asking the academic question if there is a time when RTM is
disabled or inactive. Or if you can encounter a situation where RTM is disabled
or inactive. Maybe you can form your question in terms of RTM behavior that you
want to understand.

To clarify LPAR DISABLED WAIT state, I believe it's part of RTM. While it's a
drastic form of recovery, the LPAR should never be left running random
instructions. My point was that I believe that RTM always provides some sort of
recovery even if the recovery is not actual recovery.