From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2023 12:33 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Checking status of multiple datasets in CLIST and REXX

On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 14:47:29 +0000 Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

:>I need to check whether any of a list of datasets exists and whether any of a
list of ddnames is allocated. I'd rather not trap and parse the output of
LISTALC and LISTCAT, and I'd rather not call LISTDSI for each one. Is there a
simple way to do that in REXX, or would it be better to write a small service
routine in assembler?

:>I don't have a requirement to handle XTIOT.

The elephant in the room - why?

Perhaps there is a better way to do what you want.

As you are worried about performance, it appears to be something that will
need to run quite often. How will you use this information?

http://secure-web.cisco.com/12D3m_ldJD-nfaPLJZadnMJu0ASpS-FQBcODgtYsArwNk2ZrCew6xE2ef2X5IrMJooHXQ_0gwA2aSPFnAqw8bvc9w9RuzcycoHX2MOMB_j0VgTVjTopEOv8-PZUTkq-hYJOh7aELfmGR-tBd95qW8HRCg-ySpntlkppOEsxjmIpitpEBFRg3xwb2-qxOb19XH_ks5fp4hc4ueJsBuEK3YaAS3VGfRxGpcqFEQ_GVvzHBjUZtjA1-5bV20KCQapXzY6Lda_Gm1OODPKw-2YWF3YI5dbmd1gFSksk5owXEoeS5cfgG3O7k1q8Z9VhUDFp6LYq2F9XBx7fQmtjBUiZksmsNv5jvc2GmlKpgyfDGHAV1k5n-TA_hYF0y1YgG90lkmL8LRToPpB1qymC-w57_CcjxdYOXjprPqkheoba7IRWs/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dissensoftware.com