Graham,

According to the FAQ at http://www6.software.ibm.com/dldirector/doc/DDfaq_en.html there is nothing to install, you just JAVA installed.

So all you need do is click on a link to download some file with Download
Director.

On 5/16/2013 6:57 PM, Graham Hobbs wrote:
Hello,

Is there a story on IBM's Download Director (DD), I need it for Windows 7. I've
had it on my dying XP laptop for many years .. works a treat, greatly faster
than HTTP.

For the new machine i googled Download Director and kept coming up with Systems
Director 6.1.2 so concluded it's therein. OK so I go to SAC and find Systems
Director is 4580mb, i.e enormous but I only need DD:-(.

SAC offers DD and HTTP and since I shortly need to download RDz and TXSeries am
keen to get DD up and running again.

So might DD be out there somewhere in teeny tiny form?
cheers
Graham Hobbs

| Jim Phoenix                      | Voice:   (310) 338-0400 x316   |
| Senior Software Developer        | Fax:     (310) 338-0801        |
| Phoenix Software International   |                                |
| 831 Parkview Drive North         | jimphoe...@phoenixsoftware.com |
| El Segundo, CA 90245             | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |

Opinions expressed by this individual are not necessarily those of the Company.