On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 09:47:45 -0600, Kirk Wolf <k...@coztoolkit.com> wrote:

>Did I say anything about using passwords for ssh?
>Again, this has nothing to do with your assertion that
>using tn3270 over a ssh tunnel would expose the userid and password.

This thread is specifically about using ssh tunnel to provide SSL for non-SSL
TCP apps. TN3270 (without enabling SSL) is being used for context that everyone
in this group understands.

You ask how I would get your TSO userid / password when you run TN3270 thru an
ssh tunnel. Very simply, the userid & password would likely be the same for
both. Assuming you automated ssh with userid & password exposed, I just look at
your script.