From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Radoslaw Skorupka
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2024 8:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ADRDSSU COMPRESS and enq

CAUTION! EXTERNAL SENDER! STOP, ASSESS, AND VERIFY Do you know this person?
Were you expecting this email? If not, report it using the Report Phishing
Button!

Gentlemen,
First, thank you for your answers. I appreciate it.

Regarding TOLENQF - it doesn't work with COMPRESS or CONSOLIDATE. The manual is
clear here.

Regarding rename - this is the thing I wanted to avoid for several reasons:
1. There is some risk to rename wrong "copy" of the dataset, or alter ICF
entries for wrong copy.
2. Valid copies are located on non-SMS disk, but cataloged out of regular
catalog search (SYS1.name in some UCAT). Plus some aliases, etc.
I want to not destroy it.
3. I don't know how to rename such datasets! Yes, I could imagine access from
another z/OS image, but it would be a series of manual ISPF r command.
Non-repeatable, error prone. Is there any tool allowing to rename such datasets
in batch? Wildcard support (i.e. REN SYS1.* SYS2.*) would be welcome.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland