From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2024 1:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Masking SMF data internally

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 09:58:29 +0400 Jake Anderson <justmainfra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

:>We have a requirement of sharing our SMF data to vendor for a sizing
:>operation of our hardware connected to our mainframe

:>Our organization has a policy of masking the critical values before
sharing :>it. I see SMF datasets are are editable from ISPF.

:>Is there a way or someone has undergone this exercise of masking the
:>confidential values inside SMF output Dataset?

First identify which types and subtypes are required. That will reduce the
job and may make it trivial.

--
Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com> http://www.dissensoftware.com

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN