The open-source portable unXMIT is very encouraging.  I know the
programmer, DeWitt Knapp and he's a great guy, so hopefully this will be a
good option going forward.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/unxmit

It is written in Java using the portable Eclipse RCP/SWT framework, and
there are packages for Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.  The source is also
available under GPLv3, so if you don't like it you have the freedom to
change it.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com