On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 08:30:54 -0500, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>For Estae says amode 24 or 31

ESTAEX supports SYSSTATE AMODE=64

>Regardless if I established a recovery in 31 but storage and then branched to
>64 bit storage
>Under the same RB
>
>I assume the recovery routine would cover me

It does not make sense what you are asking. If your recovery routine switches
from AMODE31 to AMODE64, why would it need to branch to 64 bit storage?

If you're talking about the SETRP, then you would need to set the SDWA to retry
using the 64 bit registers in SDWARC4.

>For sdwaec2 I would have to find it in the linkage stack

Since you are searching the linkage stack in reverse, you might want to keep in
mind that percolation could have destroyed the relevant linkage stack entry.

>How would I know I have the right entry maybe by comparing the lower half of
>the registers

Will a SDWAEC2 ever be above the bar? If I remember correctly, above the bar
storage is obtained in large chunks (MB's). Rarely will a non-LE programming
language create load modules large enough that makes above the bar a
consideration. I suspect it's a safe bet that SDWAEC2 won't be above the bar
but you could warn users of your diagnositc routines that you make this
assumption and how you handle it.