Under z/OS 2.4.

I have a STC when started, fails with the following error in the SYSLOG:

IEE132I START COMMAND DEVICE ALLOCATION ERROR

Looking at the STC output in JES, there is a JCL error in the proc (dataset not
found).

Is there a way to "see" the JCL error without looking at the JES output?

I have been researching and running a GTF trace with no success "seeing" the
JCL error, not sure what GTF trace options to turn on or if it is possible to
see that JCL error via a GTF trace.

Is it possible to see that JCL error in a GTF trace, if so, what options
(parms) do I need to run with?

Note: We had an issue with VTAM not coming up on a LPAR and we were unable to
access JES to see the JCL error.

  • GTF... Peter Ten Eyck
    • ... Allan Staller
    • ... Ituriel do Neto
      • ... Allan Staller
    • ... Styles, Andy (CIO GS&S - Core Infrastructure & IT Operations )
    • ... Gibney, Dave
    • ... Peter Ten Eyck
    • ... Peter Ten Eyck
      • ... Gibney, Dave