From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2024 10:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: EXTERNAL EMAIL: JES2 JOBDEF DUPL_JOB=NODELAY - Any gotchas?

I am not a sysprog but I occasionally play one in my spare time. I am thinking
of changing a system that I control to DUPL_JOB=NODELAY. Any gotchas? Anything
I need to consider before I do this? Do most/many of you run with NO_DELAY?

I am trying to solve a problem where I have jobs delayed because the names are
duplicates. I can't easily change the jobnames.

I can't think of any issues. We don't have any significant automation. I can't
think of anything where jobs are referenced by name rather than Job ID.

What should I be considering?

Thanks,
Charles

 Warning: All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the corporate
e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient. This e-mail may contain proprietary information and is intended only
for the use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message
in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately.