                From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
<IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Ed Jaffe
                Sent: Monday, February 26, 2024 10:27 PM
                To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
                Subject: Re: Getting rid of a z14 zr1 - any value in the
host cards?

                On 2/26/2024 7:54 PM, Laurence Chiu wrote:
                > Somebody said to me the z14 cards cannot be used in a Z15
or z16
                > because of a difference in form factor!  This seemed like
an
                > ill-informed comment to me since all the cards probably
use some sort
                > of PCI connector and IBM would not change them between
model Z's. But
                > it would be nice to be able to quote some authoritative
source as this
                > person appears to have the ear of some of our senior
managers.

                Most cards work, some cards don't.

                We put a bunch of cards from our decommissioned z13s into
our z15-T02 -- skipping past the z14 generation entirely.

                Doing so was far, Far, FAR cheaper than buying them "net
new..."

                --
                Phoenix Software International
                Edward E. Jaffe

----
                This e-mail message, including any attachments, appended
messages and the
                information contained therein, is for the sole use of the
intended
                recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient or have
otherwise
                received this email message in error, any use,
dissemination, distribution,
                review, storage or copying of this e-mail message and the
information
                contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an
intended
                recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies
                of this email message and do not otherwise utilize or retain
this email
                message or any or all of the information contained therein.
Although this
                email message and any attachments or appended messages are
believed to be
                free of any virus or other defect that might affect any
computer system into
                which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of
the recipient
                to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by the
                sender for any loss or damage arising in any way from its
opening or use.

                For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access
instructions,
                send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message:
INFO IBM-MAIN