-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
David Crayford
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2024 20:17

Like what, TSO? I don’t find I need to do that any more as I work in a UNIX
shell. Let me flip that around. Can I use REXX to implement the kind of
scripting that I do in Python? For example, process a YAML configuration file.
We need to do that stuff on z/OS now. CICS resource definitions can be defined
as YAML documents, configuration as code and all that stuff. DevOps, Git repos.
REXX is a pretty poor language for anything modern.