From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
esst...@juno.com
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2024 3:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SDSF CSR

EXTERNAL EMAIL

,
Hello,
.
Im trying to understand an anomaly using SDSF CSR - (Common Storage Remaining)
I have read some of the documentation on SDSF CSR, however it didn't really
give me an understand of the issue below - .
I have two jobs which invoke the same program from the same load library -
Bothe jobs invokes IEFSSI REQUEST=ADD and the SSI INIT ROUTINE is the same for
both JOBs. The SSI INIT Routine has multiple CSECTS and issues IEFSSI
REQUEST=ACTIVATE (Activate the subsystem), STORAGE OBTAIN (Key 0, Subpool 241,
Length x'34'), and IEFSSI REQUEST=PUT (Store Sub System Data).
.
Granted the Key 0, subpool 241 may not be the best choice form allocating
storage from MVS common, that's not the issue for this discussion.
.--
In SDSF I see the following in CSR (Common Storage Remaining) -
JOBNAME    CSA    CSA%   SQA    SQA%  ECSA   ECSA%
JOBNUMA    392    0.0076     0       0.0000    5696    0.0079
JOBNUMB       0     0.0000     0       0.0000    9792    0.0135
.--
When I submit the first job (JOBNUMB) I see in SDSF CSR the job retains 9792
bytes of ECSA and 0.0135% of ECSA. Im not sure where the 9792 bytes of ECSA
came from - I suspect the majority of this allocation are various control block
structures associated with the SSI - .
The storage obtain macro in the INIT Routine acquires X'34' bytes of storage - .
However when I submit the second job (JOBNUMA), I see in SDSF CSR, the second
job retains 5696 bytes of ECSA and 0.0079% of ECSA. Also JOBNUMA allocated 392
byes of storage from CSA, why?
.
Both jobs invoke the same program, and the same SSI INIT Routine from the same
load library - I expected to see the same ECSA values for both jobs/programs.
.
Can someone explain why there is such a difference in values?
I obviously don't understand this.
..
   Paul -
.