Scenario:
ftp client (Windows or Linux) is connecting to z/OS based FTP server.
The user has TSO segment and obviously OMVS one. => userid.DATASETS.EXIST and /u/userid/home/exists I can change translation table, I can use RC file to issue some commands including SBDATACONN. However I wanted to use default translation table. I have read several manuals and I'm still lost. I have found several (many!) different "translation table hierarchies", varying depending on various factors. But still don't know how the hierarchy works. Is it first catch rule or rather last entry wins? That's important because I want to use different tables for different users and cannot change server's settings (which are not specified AFAIK).

Any clue?

--

Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland