When I first saw this post, my first thought was to see if the system entered a
disabled wait state.

You didn't say whether you looked for any other signs of life. VTAM or TCP/IP,
for example.
Were TSO users all locked out?

Are you looking at a standalone dump to diagnose this? If so, there might be
LOGREC records.

--
Tom Marchant