On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 07:14 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:
> Please post your observations [...] Luminex

We didn't buy anybody's solution, but seriously flirted with Luminex
last year.  Art Tolsma was generous with his time at SHARE, which made
me interested to begin with, and Dave Tolsma was open and accommodating.
Every call to them was a pleasure.

Atop a DataDomain backend, there appears to be some serious black magic
going on.  We're a FDR customer, and Tom Meehan (IDP) has presented some
impressive deduplication experience at SHARE.  EMC told me at the time
that there are over 20 sets of dataset markers that a DD backend
recognizes, enabling it to take special action to deduplicate e.g. FDR
backups.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda & Sons, Inc.