From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bill Godfrey
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Lookup Mainframe Software

On Tue, 21 May 2013 08:24:41 -0400, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

>Good stuff. Thanks, David.
>
>Also, thanks for your STCK(E) converter.
>http://www.longpelaexpertise.com.au/toolsTOD.php Have used that from time to
>time.
>
>Charles

 The STCK converter is not handling leap seconds. If you give it STCK values
from various years listed in chapter 4 of Principles of Operation, the returned
time for many of them is off by approximately (not exactly) the number of leap
seconds that were not taken into account.

Also, if you give it the value 7d91048bca000000 for 1/1/1970 (not in the
manual) it says it is before Jan 1 1970. That's not a leap seconds problem, but
it is incorrect.