W dniu 14.04.2024 o 03:01, Michael Oujesky pisze:
I really miss WSA and it's ability to take a text PDS and transfer all the members to Windows creating individual members in the target directory and doing the EBCDIC to ASCII translation for each member in the PDS.

I'm really upset and I really miss the set of simple tools for such simple things like PDS<->PC directory. With XMIT support. Yes, we have some freeware XMIT viewers, we have some homegrown REXX scripts, etc.
But it is continuous reinventing the wheel.
IMHO it is up to IBM to assign few folks for few weeks to prepare such tools. It need not to be officially supported. IBM invest a lot of effort in z/OSMF and other "modernization", but such simple things like PDS to directory are still left.

--

Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland