From:   Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu,
Date:   06/03/2013 03:28 PM
Subject:        VSCR (was: Examples of getbuf and build usage)
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

On Mon, 3 Jun 2013 08:46:24 -0400, John Gilmore wrote:

>(Above-the-bar VSCR projects may be in the womb of time, but I judge
>that their gestation period will be very long.)

A plausible judgment.  But how about in between?  Is VSCR below the bar
but above the line looming?  I'd expect a motivator to be LPA.  How big
is LPA getting in some shops?

I understand that some of Java has migrated to within the bar in order to
employ 32-bit addressing without triggering further below the bar VSCR.

-- gil

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.