From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Schwab
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:10 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: XRC Volume Resync on a Return Home

With PPRC, you would break the pairs and re-establish in the opposite direction.
When are all replicated and almost up to date, shut down the primary,
wait for updates to propate, and start at the secondary.

XRC may be a bit different.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM, VanBebber, Edmond@CIO
<edmond.vanbeb...@state.ca.gov> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I don't think that is the case when you say 'you
> cannot just return operations back to the original application region'.
> Banks do this all the time.  They run production in site A for a few months
> then switch and run in site B for a few months.  I'm not really asking if
> this can be done, I'm asking if you reverse replication with XRC, can you do
> an incremental resync without GDPS and configured for a region switch.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited and that you will be held responsible for any such
unauthorized activity, including liability for any resulting damages. As
appropriate, such incident(s) may also be reported to law enforcement. If you
received this e-mail in error, please reply to sender and destroy or delete the
message and any attachments. Thank you.

NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments and appended messages,
is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and
legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution,
copying, storage or other use of all or any portion of this message is strictly
prohibited.
If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete this message in its entirety.