On 6/19/2013 10:31 AM, baby eklavya wrote:
Hi,

We are running Z/os 1.11 in our environment and we use jobtrac for
scheduling the jobs . Some times , we get issues where the jobs fail
with instantly when jobtrac tries to submit it . When checked with CA
, they couldn't tell exactly if this is a problem with Jobtrac or JES2
.The SVC dumps didn't help much . Whenever this happens , an SVC dump
is captured for JES2 and i see the below messages in the log . Has
anyone encountered this problem before ?

*IEA794I SVC DUMP HAS CAPTURED: 628
  DUMPID=023 REQUESTED BY JOB (JES2    )
  DUMP TITLE=GJTRUJV2 CONVERTER POST ERROR
  IEF196I CA-JOBTRAC - CONVERTER POST ERROR
  TRAC024C - ZAVAN2K HAS IMPROPER DEPENDENCIES, SUBMISSION DENIED.
  CA-JOBTRAC - CONVERTER POST ERROR
  IEF196I CA-JOBTRAC - CONVERTER POST ERROR
  TRAC024C - ZAVAN2K HAS IMPROPER DEPENDENCIES, SUBMISSION DENIED.

Thanks in Advance ,
baby

I was at a site ages ago when JOBTRAC first came out. TRAC024C's grew on trees back then. We kept getting them with Q-autoscheds when the switch would bombard the mainframe with a few dozen jobs of long-distance tolls to rate. They blamed it on the checkpoint. CA promised that checkpoint issues would be gone with Datacom. Sure.

This is definitely a bug in GJTRUJV2. You shouldn't need a PTF, CA should be able to give you a GTF trace I would think. Good luck.

Regards,
Tom Conley