From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of esmie moo
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: DFHSM QUESTION - MIGRATE VOLUME PARMS

Good Morning Gentle Readers,

I was going through the DFSMShsm Storage Administration Doc to find some
info on migrating Ml0 or Primary volumes.  The examples provided seem quite
straight forward.  I tried the example on the SMS managed primary volumes :
MIGRATE VOLUME(SDF001 MIGRATE(0))  and it worked.  I tried the example HSEND
MIGRATE VOLUME(SDF002) DAYS(0) and that worked too.  What is the difference
between the two i.e. MIGRATE(0) and DAYS(0)?

 I tried the command HSEND MIGRATE VOLUME(SSDF03) DAYS(1) (I wanted to
migrate dsns over 1 day old)  I got the error message :
ARC0570I COMMAND MIGRATION FOR SBB203 VOLUME(S) TERMINATED, RC=25 REASON=0

According to the doc it suggests to use the CONVERT parm.  Fair enough.
However the CONVERT would move the dsns from 1 Primary volume to another and
not migrate them to ML1 or ML2 which doesn't help.  When I issued the
command HSEND MIGRATE VOLUME(SDF002) DAYS(0) does it mean that the CONVERT
parm is a default or were the dsns migrated to ML1/ML2.  I cannot check this
because I didn't list the dsns before I issued the command.

Hopefully somebody can answer my questions.

Thanks.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN